UTILITY BILLING AGREEMENT
Welcome to Myrtle Creek
Whether you have just moved to the community or have relocated, we hope the following information will be helpful. Our objective is to provide you with friendly, professional and efficient customer service.
At the time application is made for water/sewer service the applicant shall pay a deposit of $125.00. The deposit is not to be considered a payment on account. Interest shall not be paid on the deposit.
RETURN OF DEPOSIT
A customer’s deposit shall be applied to his account when the customer has established a history of one year (12) of payments received without delinquency. If a customer has a delinquency during the first year, the deposit shall be kept until the customer has twelve consecutive payments free of delinquency. In any event, a customer’s deposit shall be returned when service is discontinued, provided that all outstanding charges have been paid.
CHARGES & RATES
All water and sewer services are paid for by the people who use them. City taxes are not used to support these services.
¾”pipe - $52.00 first 400 cu ft and $2.00 each additional 100 cu ft
1” pipe - $53.25 first 400 cu ft and $2.00 each additional 100 cu ft
1¼”-1½” pipe - $56.25 first 400 cu ft and $2.00 each additional 100 cu ft
2” and larger pipe - $60.25 for first 400 cu ft and $2.00 each additional 100 cu ft
Outside City Limits – Double Inside City Limit Rates
Residential - $68.00 per unit
Multi–Family - $68.00 per unit
Commercial - $68.00 + .57 for each additional 100 cu ft of water usage
$4.00 per unit
You can now pay your utility bill on line for a one time payment or make a recurring payment. The online service also allows you to pull up your utility account to see payment history, due date and amount owing. We take Mastercard, Visa and Discover. Unfortunately we are unable to accept American Express at this time.
PAYMENT OF BILLS
- DUE DATE. All bills are due by the 15th day of the month. If the bill is not paid by that date, the account shall be considered delinquent. There is no grace period.
- LATE CHARGE. Bills not paid by the 15th day of the month shall be subject to a penalty charge of $10.00.
- Anytime there is a previous balance, it is always due the prior month and is considered delinquent.
- PAYMENT OPTIONS. Pay By Phone! Call 541-207-0815 anytime day or night. Pay Online! Click on the “Online Bill Pay” button at www.cityofmyrtlecreek.com.
Recurring Payments! Your account automatically debited on the 10th each month. In Person! You can pay your bill at City Hall or use the drop box located outside
- Any check received “non-sufficient funds” will be assessed a $25.00 handling fee, and customer’s payments will be on a cash only basis.
- Notice of delinquency. If a bill is not paid by the due date designated on the bill, a delinquent notice shall be mailed to the customer. If the bill is not paid in full within 10 days of the mailing of the delinquent notice, water service may be disconnected without further notice.
- Turn on fee. When water service has been discontinued for delinquency, water service shall not be restored until each delinquent account has been paid. In addition, a $35.00 fee shall be paid in advance of turning water services back on.
DISCONTINUANCE OF SERVICE
Each customer about to vacate any premises receiving water service shall request discontinuance of water service prior to the date service is to be discontinued. The customer is responsible for all water supplied to the premises until service is actually discontinued by the City Water Department.
REPAIR OF LEAK
It is the customer’s responsibility to maintain all pipes, fittings and fixtures in proper order free from leakage or waste. The water line from the meter to a residence or place of business is the property owner’s responsibility. Also, the sanitary sewer lateral from a structure to the city’s sewer line is considered to be part of the plumbing and is the property owner’s responsibility.
Meters are the property of the City of Myrtle Creek. No person other than an authorized employee of the Public Works Department may change the location of, alter or interfere in any way with any meter. Only authorized employees of the city may open or close a meter stop. The expense of maintaining meters will be borne by the City; provided, however, that where replacements, repairs, or adjustments of a meter or meter stop are made necessary by the act, negligence or carelessness of the owner or occupant of the premises, the expense to the department caused thereby shall be charged and collected from the owner and/or occupant of the premises. In case of damage to the meter, or in case of its stoppage or defective operation, the owner or occupant of the premises shall give immediate
notice to the City. (MCMC 3.05.030 / MCMC 3.05.040)
Please let us know if you notice or experience a problem related to the city’s lines. Call us at 541-863-3171. If emergencies arise during the night, weekend or holidays, please call the after hours business dispatch, 541-863-5221 or 9-1-1.
WATER USE RESTRICTIONS
The City Council may from time to time impose restrictions on water use or change or revoke such restrictions, and in doing so may make the restrictions applicable at specified times or on specified days and may differentiate between classes of customers or areas of the city or otherwise.
UTILITIES – CONTACT PHONE NUMBERS
|CITY OF MYRTLE CREEK–WATER/SEWER||1-541-863-3171|
|SOUTH UMPQUA DISPOSAL-GARBAGE||1-541-863-3363|
|AT&T INTERNET SERVICES||http://www.attinternetservice.com|